- Cassowary games — Recently I’ve undertaken a project to just work on small things and release them quickly. Here’s where I’ve been putting them up. My favorites so far are probably Tip of the Tongue and Cyber Flyer (which features home-grown 3D rendering code!) I’ve been doing all the music for each of these games, as well.
- Year of the Rabbit — a game I’ve been working on for a while, but haven’t really been posting progress updates on. Once I get a little further, I’ll be ready to post about it, I think. Sorry, no link yet!
I also do some miscellaneous programming in my free time. Most of these things are hosted on my Github page.
- Donut Simulator — A ‘life simulator’ program written in Python, where you lord over a bunch of small circles in a randomly-generated world. You can read the blog post about it here.
- Starman Jr. — This is a program to edit text in the English fan translation of the GBA port of Mother 1. A highly specific program useful to no one but myself? Yes, definitely! But I learned a lot while writing it, and I ported it (or at least the important parts) to Perl in order to teach myself Perl for some reason.
- Purple — I made an esoteric stack-based programming language and a C implementation of it. The instructions are in the Readme.
- Alma — This is an incomplete little programming language. It’s a stack-based language like Forth, but with static type inference based on Cat.
- FRC Scout — For a few years in high school, my friend and I made a website to scout teams for the FIRST Robotics competition. It was a great learning experience and I learned a lot about web-design and programming. This was part of the reason I decided to rewrite this website.
- You may also be interested in my SoundCloud page, where some of the music I write goes. I post a new thing there roughly every million years, so don’t hold your breath!! :)
- Check out my itch.io and gamejolt pages! Right now they don’t have anything except the cassowary games from above though.
- Also, this isn’t strictly a project, but definitely check out my friend Sam’s website as well. He is a super cool guy!
Old flash projects
Wow, how out of date!! These are still here for posterity, though, in case you’re wondering what I was doing when I was like 16. Many of these relate to the Earthbound/Mother series of video games, because they were created for events on starmen.net, a fan website for that series.
- Itoi Shigesato’s No. 1 Birthday Party — Some friends from the Internet and I created this game as part of a game jam. I did all the programming, and I think it actually turned out really well. This is probably the most involved project I’ve done in Flash. It was very nice to work with other people on a game, because I didn’t have to do things I wasn’t very good at (read: sprite work).
- Paula vs. Zombies — This was a game I created for the Starmen.net 2013 Halloween Funfest. It won first place overall! Hooray for me! It stars characters from the 1995 SNES RPG EarthBound. You can’t actually win this game, but it goes on for quite a while provided you don’t lose.
- Ten-Yeti’s Infinite Snowboarding — I made this one for the Starmen.net 2013 Holiday Funfest. It stars Ten-Yeti, a character from the game MOTHER 3. It won second place in the ‘audiovisual’ category.
- Super Laser Bass — This I made as a joke for some reason. I thought it would be a good idea. In this game, you play as a sea bass, trying to avoid fishhooks and eat… hamburgers? Yeah, that’s about as good as it gets.
- The Model — This is not actually a game, but an animation that I made in about a weekend for a school project. It’s an adaptation of the world’s saddest short story by Guy de Maupassant, in the style of a silent film.