You’ll need access to Flash to look at these. Yeah, I know, it’s a dying technology. Oh well. Many of these relate to the Earthbound/Mother series, because they were created for events on starmen.net, a fan website for that series.
- Itoi Shigesato’s No. 1 Birthday Party — Some friends from the Internet and I created this game as part of a game jam. I did all the programming, and I think it actually turned out really well. This is probably the most involved project I’ve done in Flash. It was very nice to work with other people on a game, because I didn’t have to do things I wasn’t very good at (read: sprite work).
- Paula vs. Zombies — This was a game I created for the Starmen.net 2013 Halloween Funfest. It won first place overall! Hooray for me! It stars characters from the 1995 SNES RPG EarthBound. You can’t actually win this game, but it goes on for quite a while provided you don’t lose.
- Ten-Yeti’s Infinite Snowboarding — I made this one for the Starmen.net 2013 Holiday Funfest. It stars Ten-Yeti, a character from the game MOTHER 3. It won second place in the ‘audiovisual’ category.
- Super Laser Bass — This I made as a joke for some reason. I thought it would be a good idea. In this game, you play as a sea bass, trying to avoid fishhooks and eat… hamburgers? Yeah, that’s about as good as it gets.
- The Model — This is not actually a game, but an animation that I made in about a weekend for a school project. It’s an adaptation of the world’s saddest short story by Guy de Maupassant, in the style of a silent film.
I also do some miscellaneous programming in my free time. Most of these things are hosted on my Github page.
- Starman Jr. — This is a program to edit text in the English fan translation of the GBA port of Mother 1. A highly specific program useful to no one but myself? Yes, definitely! But I learned a lot while writing it, and I ported it (or at least the important parts) to Perl in order to teach myself Perl.
- FRC Scout — For the past couple years, my friend and I made a website to scout teams for the FIRST Robotics competition. It was a great learning experience and I learned a lot about web-design and programming. This was part of the reason I decided to rewrite this website. The code for the latest iteration can be found here.
- Purple — I made an esoteric stack-based programming language and a C implementation of it. The instructions are in the Readme.
- Avocado — I built this little programming language a while ago. I kind of got hung up on reference counting, although I plan to return to it some day and fix it up.
- Secret Spice — A secret!